Do you value our sparkling mountain streams and rivers? The abundance of wildlife in our public forests? Our rolling farmland, deeply rooted in our culture and vital to the local economy? All of these are at risk — without your help.
Make your voice heard, take action now!
Western North Carolina is home to more than a million acres of national forest which are vital to our local ecosystems and economies. The US Forest Service is currently developing management plans that will determine the future of these forests for decades to come. Submit your comments TODAY asking our National Forests be managed in the best interest for all who enjoy and depend on them!
In June, EPA announced carbon pollution standards to set the first-ever limits on C02 from existing fossil-fueled power plants. Submit your public comments before the December 1 deadline!
With the Western North Carolina Alliance, you can join forces with citizens from across the region and your community.
- Influence pubic policy to better address development pressures
- Safeguard the treasures of our public forests, including an array of wildlife, old growth stands, and rare ecosystems
- Preserve working farms and traditional mountain communities
- Halt the proliferation of exotic invasive plant species that threaten native ecosystems
- Expand our ability to rigorously monitor and protect water quality