Campsites are available now! Make your reservations HERE.
The Western North Carolina Alliance’s French Broad River Paddle Trail:
- Establishes a world class paddle trail on over 140 miles of the French Broad River
- Stretches from the headwaters in Rosman, North Carolina to Douglas Lake, Tennessee
- Adds eight additional campsites, one every 12-15 miles, on land leased from private landowners and the state of North Carolina
• A 2001 economic impact study of eastern North Carolina indicated the coastal plain water trail system produced a significant $103.9 million for the local economy.
• A destination paddler on a multi-day paddle trip will spend about $88/day in local communities on food, lodging (including camping & cabins), retail sales, and recreation services.
Improved River Stewardship
• Paddlers want unpolluted waterways.
• Paddle trails in other communities have increased the public’s desire to improve their river.