Are you looking for the cheapest road running shoes? If yes, then you should check out these top 10 brands. They are very affordable and offer great value for money.
Road running is a sport where runners run along roads or trails at high speeds. The benefits include improved cardiovascular health, increased muscle strength, and reduced risk of injury. Running is also considered a low impact exercise because it does not involve jumping or landing from heights.
Running is a great way to stay fit, improve cardio fitness, burn calories, and reduce stress levels. There are several types of road running shoes available in the market today. Some of them are designed specifically for cross training, whereas some are suitable for general road running.
10 Best Cheap Road Running Shoes:
1. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe
Under Armour®’s new Charged Assert 9 running shoe is built for speed and performance. The Charged Assert 9 has an aggressive outsole pattern that provides maximum traction and durability. A combination of UA’s exclusive Charged cushioning system and its proprietary TPU heel counter provide superior shock absorption and support during your run. This shoe will have you feeling like you’re flying down the street!
- Aggressive outsole pattern for maximum traction and durability.
- Charged cushioning system for superior shock absorption and support.
- Heel Counter for stability and support.
- Soft, flexible upper for long lasting wear.
- Removable sock liner for easy cleaning.
- Durable rubber toe cap for improved grip.
- Low profile design for enhanced mobility.
- Breathable mesh lining for cool comfort.
- Anti-odor treatment keeps feet fresh throughout the day.
- Available in men’s sizing only.
2. Brooks Revel 5 Sneakers for Women
These women’s running shoes are built for speed and durability. They feature a lightweight mesh upper with synthetic overlays for support and stability. The midsole has been upgraded with an EVA foam insert for cushioning and shock absorption. A durable rubber outsole provides traction on any surface.
- Lightweight mesh upper for breathability and ventilation.
- Synthetic overlays for added support and stability.
- EVA Foam midsole for cushioning and shock absorbency.
- Rubber outsole for traction on any surface.
3. Brooks Ghost 14 Men’s Neutral Running Shoe
Brooks Ghost 14 Men’s Neutral Running Shoes are built for long distance runners who want to run comfortably without sacrificing performance. They feature an ultra-lightweight mesh upper that provides lightweight support while allowing your foot to breathe naturally. The midsole offers cushioning and shock absorption, while the outsole provides traction and durability.
- Ultra-lightweight mesh upper for breathable comfort.
- Midsole features a gel-infused Phylon™ core for soft cushioning.
- Outsole is made of durable rubber for traction on any surface
- Available in men’s sizes only.
4. ALTRA Women’s AL0A547X Torin 5 Road Running Shoe
Altra Women’s AL0A746X Torin 5 Road Racing Shoes are made for speed and comfort. The shoe has been engineered specifically for women who want to run faster than they have before. This shoe will provide support, cushioning, and stability while keeping your feet feeling fresh and energized during long runs.
- Breathable mesh upper provides lightweight ventilation.
- Soft foam midsole absorbs shock and protects foot.
- Durable rubber outsole offers traction and durability.
- Removable sockliner cushions and supports the arch.
- Flexible Phylon shank adds flexibility and reduces fatigue.
- Low profile heel counter for an ideal fit.
- Weight: 7 oz.
5. Unknown ALTRA Men’s Torin 5
ALTRAMen’s Torin 5 Running Shoes are made specifically for runners who want more cushioning than their typical shoe can provide. The Torin 5 has an ultra-lightweight upper made of mesh and synthetic materials, which provides excellent ventilation while keeping your feet cool and dry.
A plush midsole offers maximum support and stability, and a rubber outsole gives you traction when you’re pounding down the pavement.
- Mesh upper for breathability and moisture wicking.
- Plush midsole for superior support and stability.
- Rubber out sole for traction on any surface or terrain.
- Weight: 8 oz.
6. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam Arishi V3 Running Shoe
New Balance has been making some of the most popular running shoes around since its inception back in 1972. The company continues to innovate and improve their products today, offering runners a wide range of styles and options.
This particular pair of running shoes are made from a fresh foam construction which provides excellent cushioning and support while allowing your feet to breathe.
They’re also equipped with a lightweight mesh upper which allows air to circulate freely through the shoe, keeping your feet cool and dry during long runs or races.
- Breathable mesh upper for ventilation.
- Soft foam midsole for shock absorption.
- Rubber outsole for traction.
- Weight: 7 oz/180 g.
7. Saucony Mens Core Cohesion 14
Saucony’s new Core Cohesion 14 shoe is built around their most popular model, the Saucony Men’s Core 11, but has been updated with an improved upper construction and more support. The result is a shoe that feels lighter than its predecessor while still providing excellent stability and cushioning. This shoe will be available in men’s sizing only.
- Lightweight mesh upper for breathability.
- Cushioned midsole for impact protection.
- Rubber outrigger for traction.
- Weight (men): 6.2 oz.
8. Under Armour Women’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe
Under Armour’s new Charged Assert 9 women’s running shoe is built for speed and stability. The upper is constructed using UA’s proprietary Charged Mesh fabric which provides excellent support while allowing your foot to breathe. A lightweight EVA midsole offers cushioning and shock absorption, while an aggressive outsole gives you traction on any surface.
- Charged Mesh upper for breathability.
- EVA midsole for cushioning and shock absorption.
- Aggressive outsole for traction.
- Weight: 8 oz./225g.
- Made in USA.
9. ASICS Men’s Gel-Cumulus 23 Running Shoes
ASICS Gel Cumulus 23 Running Shoes are lightweight, flexible, and supportive. The upper is made of synthetic leather and mesh fabric, which provides excellent ventilation and support. This shoe has an internal heel counter, which helps provide stability during your run.
- Synthetic leather and mesh upper for breathability and flexibility.
- Internal heel counter for stability.
- Rubber lug outsole for traction. Weight: 5.5 oz/150g.
10. ALTRA Women’s AL0A4VQV Rivera Road Running Shoe
Altra AL0A4VqV Rivera Road Running Shoes are made for runners who want to enjoy the benefits of Altra’s innovative Vibram® outsole without breaking the bank. The shoe has an ultra-lightweight upper constructed using mesh and synthetic materials for maximum ventilation and durability.
A TPU heel counter provides support while the midfoot strap offers additional stability. The shoe comes equipped with a removable EVA footbed for long lasting cushioning.
- Ultra lightweight upper construction for increased ventilation and durability.
- Removable EVA footbed for extended life.
- Midfoot strap for enhanced stability.
- Mesh and synthetic materials provide superior breathability.
- Soft TPU heel counter for improved support.
- Rubber traction pattern on forefoot sole.
- Low profile design for optimal ground contact.
- Available in men’s sizing only.
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Cheap Road Running Shoes
When it comes to buying the best cheap road running shoes, there are many things to consider before making a purchase. Here are some important factors to keep in mind when shopping for the right pair of shoes.
1) Your Foot Type
The first thing to do is determine what type of runner you are. If you’re a distance runner, then you’ll need a different kind of shoe from someone who runs primarily for fun or as part of their fitness routine.
Distance runners should look for shoes that have a firm, stable fit. They also need a shoe that will offer good arch support and help prevent injuries.
If you’re a sprinter, then you’ll need to choose a shoe that has a soft, flexible feel. You can find these types of shoes at specialty stores like Nike, Adidas, Asics, Brooks, Saucony and New Balance.
2) Your Budget
If you don’t have much money to spend on a pair of shoes, then you may be better off choosing a cheaper model. However, if you have a tight budget, then you’ll need something that won’t break the bank.
You can get great value by purchasing used running shoes. These shoes tend to be more affordable than new models because they’ve been worn down over time.
3) Your Activity Level
If you plan to wear your shoes every day, then you’ll probably want to buy a pair that will last longer. On the other hand, if you plan to wear them occasionally, then you might not need to invest too much money.
You can save money by buying a pair of inexpensive running shoes that you can use for casual jogging or walking around town.
4) Your Comfort Level
If you’re looking for comfort, then you’ll want to choose a shoe that fits well. This means finding a size that feels comfortable when you put it on.
Also, pay attention to whether the shoe feels snug or loose. A snugly fitting shoe will give you greater protection against blisters and chafing.
5) Your Weight
If you weigh less than 150 pounds, then you’ll likely want to go with a lighter shoe. Lighter shoes usually cost less than heavier ones.
However, if you weigh more than 200 pounds, then you’ll probably need a larger shoe.
6) Your Size
Your shoe size isn’t always an exact science. It depends on which brand you buy.
Most manufacturers list the sizes based on the width of the shoe. For example, most women’s shoes come in either narrow or medium widths.
7) Your Feet
Your feet shape varies depending on your gender and age. Women typically have wider feet than men.
As you grow older, your feet change shape. To avoid foot problems, you’ll need to periodically check your feet for any signs of swelling or pain.
There are many factors to take into consideration when buying the best cheap road racing shoes. The above tips will help you decide which features are most important to you.
Remember, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to selecting the right pair of running shoes.
So, before making your final decision, try out several pairs of shoes and see which one feels best.