Chlorine is essential for our health. It helps us digest food and fight off bacteria. But too much chlorine can cause serious problems. How can you tell whether or not your water has enough chlorine?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends using a colorimetric test kit to check the amount of free residual chlorine in drinking water. This test kit measures the amount of free residual chloramine present in the water.
Chlorine is found naturally in seawater, soil, and rocks. In addition to disinfecting water, chlorine also protects against corrosion and algae growth. If you want to ensure that your water is safe, you should always test its level of chlorine.
10 Best Chlorine Test Kit Reviews:
1. JNW Direct Pool and Spa Test Strips
JNW Direct has been providing quality pool products since 1987. Their line of chlorine testing kits are easy to use and accurate. The new JNW Direct Chlorine Test Kit comes complete with everything needed to perform an accurate water analysis including a sample cup, instructions, and a chart. This product will give you the most accurate results possible.
- Accurate readings every time.
- Easy to read color coded charts.
- No messy chemicals or spills.
- Charts show how much free available chlorine your pool needs.
- Includes a sample cup.
- Compact design.
- Great for pools up to 50,000 gallons.
2. U.S. Pool Supply Standard 3-Way Swimming Pool & Spa Test Kit
This standard 3-way swimming pool & spa test kit includes everything needed to perform a complete water quality analysis. The kit contains an easy-to-read colorimetric indicator strip, a pH meter, a digital thermometer, and a chlorinator cartridge. This kit can be used to analyze your pool or spa water as well as any source of water such as hot tubs, spas, fountains, ponds, and more!
- Easy-to-read colorimeter indicator strip.
- Includes a pH meter, digital thermometer, and chlorinator cartridge.
- Measures up to 50 gallons of water.
- Can be used to analyze your own pool or spa water as it stands.
- Contains instructions and a chart to show how to read the results.
- Meets NSF/ANSI standards for testing pools and spas.
- Ideal for measuring pH levels and temperature.
- Comes with a 2 year warranty.
3. U.S. Pool Supply Swimming Pool & Spa Test Kit
This pool test kit includes everything you need to test your water quality. The easy-to-read color chart will tell you if your water needs more or less chlorine than recommended. This kit comes complete with a sample bottle, instructions, and a free replacement cartridge. You’ll get the most accurate results possible when using this kit.
- Colorimetric indicator strips measure the amount of free chlorine in your pool or spa water.
- Includes a sample bottle, instructions and a replacement cartridge.
- Measures from 0 to 100 ppm.
- Meets NSFS/ANSI standards for swimming pool and spa tests.
- Free replacement cartridge included
4. Taylor K-1000 Basic Residential Pool & Spa Test Kit
Taylor K-1000 Basic Residential Test Kit contains everything needed to perform a complete water quality analysis of your pool or spa. The easy-to-use colorimetric method allows you to quickly determine if there are any problems with your pool or spa water chemistry.
This kit is ideal for both residential and commercial applications. It measures up to 50 gallons of pool or spa water. This kit also includes a sample bottle, instructions on how to read the results, and a replacement cartridge. This kit meets NSFS/ANSI Standards for swimming pool and spa testing.
- Easy-to-read results.
- Quickly determines if there are any problems in your pool or spa water.
- Contains everything needed to perform a comprehensive water quality analysis.
- Includes instructions and charts.
5. Clorox Pool&Spa 70000CLX 3-Way Test Kit
Clorox® Pool & Spa 70000CLX 3 Way Test Kit – The most reliable way to measure your pool or spa water quality. This easy-to-use test kit measures pH, total alkalinity, and free available chlorine levels. Simply add 1/3 cup of sample to the provided container and follow the instructions on the label. Your results will be ready within 10 minutes.
The Clorox® Pool & Spas 70000CLX 3 way Test Kit is designed to provide quick and accurate results that help you maintain safe, clean water in your pool or spa.
- Easy to read color coded chart
- Quickly checks pH, total alkalines and free available chlorine levels
- Measures up to 2 gallons of water
- Includes measuring scoop
- Meets NSF standards
- Contains no hazardous chemicals
6. Taylor K2005 High Range Swimming Pool Chlorine Test Kit
Taylor K2005 High Range Swimmimg Pool Chlorine Test Kits are easy to use, accurate and reliable. The test kits come complete with instructions and a free sample of the product to be tested. They can be used to test water quality in swimming pools or spas. These kits meet NSFS/ANSI Standard for swimming pool and spa test kits.
- Easy to read color coded results.
- Accurate testing within 1 ppm accuracy.
- Free sample included.
- Can be used as a replacement for the standard test kits.
- Comes complete with instructions.
7. Dr.Tim.Wang Pool and Spa Test Strips
Dr. Tim Wang’s pool and spa test strips are used to measure the amount of free available chlorine in your swimming pool or hot tub water. The strip measures the concentration of free available chlorine in the water using an electrochemical method. This means it can be read quickly without waiting for results from chemical analysis.
- Easy to use.
- Just dip the test strip into the sample and wait 5 minutes.
- Measures up to 20 ppm of free available chlorine.
- Can be used to check chlorine levels in pools and spas as well as saltwater aquariums.
- Includes instructions and a chart showing how much free available chlorine is needed to maintain safe swimming conditions.
8. VARIFY Premium Pool and Spa Test Strips
VARIFY Premium Pool & Spa Test Strips are an easy way to check your pool or spa water quality without having to send it off to a lab. Simply dip the strips into your pool or spa water, wait 5 minutes, then read the results!
The test strip will change color depending on how much chlorine is present in the water. If there is no chlorine, the test strip will remain blue. If there is too much chlorine, the test strip may turn yellow or orange.
- Easy to use
- No messy chemicals required
- Quick and accurate results
- Reusable up to 50 times
- Available in 3 different colors: Blue, Yellow, Orange
9. JNW Direct Drinking Water Test Kit
JNW Direct Drinking Water Test Kits are easy to use and provide accurate results quickly. The kits come complete with everything needed to conduct your own water testing needs. Simply add 10ml of sample to the provided vial and shake vigorously.
Add 1 drop of the reagent solution into the vial and mix thoroughly. After 5 minutes, read the color change indicator and compare it to the chart included in the kit. Results will be available within 15 minutes.
- Easy to use.
- Accurate results.
- Quick turnaround time.
- No special equipment required.
- Comes complete with instructions and charts.
10. Taylor K-1004 Safety Plus Swimming Pool Chlorine Test Kit
Taylor’s K-1004 safety plus swimming pool chlorine test kit provides accurate results quickly and easily. The easy-to-read colorimetric indicator turns blue when there is too much chlorine present in your water. This test kit includes everything needed to conduct an accurate test including a sample cup, instructions, and a measuring spoon.
- Easy to use.
- Accurate results.
- Quick turnaround time.
- No special equipment required (except a sample cup).
- Comes complete with instruction sheet and measuring spoon.
How to Choose The Best Chlorine Test Kit
There are many factors that you need to consider before buying a test kit. Here are some things to look out for:
You want to buy a test kit that gives accurate results. Make sure that the test kit has been tested by independent laboratories. You should also make sure that the test kit is accurate at all concentrations of chlorine.
Make sure that the test strip uses only FDA approved reagents. Some companies sell their test kits using cheap generic reagents. These reagents can cause false readings.
Test kits vary greatly in price. You don’t want to spend more than necessary so choose one that fits your budget.
4. User Friendliness
Make sure that the test kit comes with clear instructions and a chart to help you interpret the results. Also, make sure that the test strip is easy to use.
If possible, get a test kit that is small enough to fit in your pocket. It’s easier to carry around and use.
Some test kits have colored indicators while others do not. If you’re looking for a test kit that does not require any additional equipment, then go for a test kit that has a colorless indicator.
Some test kits offer warranties while others do not. Look for a warranty if you plan on using the test kit often.
Chlorine test kits are essential tools for anyone who owns or plans to purchase a swimming pool. They are used to determine whether the amount of chlorine in the water is safe or unsafe. There are many different types of test kits available today. Choosing the best test kit can be difficult but once you find the right product, you’ll never want to use anything else again.