If you choose an acrylic bathtub, you will have to be careful about the types of cleaners you use and how often you clean them. They tend to scratch easier than traditional cast iron or porcelain tubs, so make sure you use the right cleaners and clean them regularly.
The following guide will walk you through the basics of choosing a quality acrylic tub cleaner that is safe to use with your specific bathtub model if you need help selecting one.
5 Best Cleaners for Acrylic Tub:
1. Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover
It eliminates all unwanted dirt and build-up stains in acrylic bathtubs, hot tubs, and pools instantly by using Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner. The product has been scientifically engineered as well as tested in laboratories as well as in the field to ensure that every last drop of debris and black flakes is removed and washed out of your bathtub in order to ensure a safe and clean bath.
As a result, it is one of the best acrylic bathtub cleaners on the market. Furthermore, one 16 ounce bottle is sufficient to clean up to four times!
This jetted bathtub cleanser also has the advantage that, unlike other brands that take a considerable amount of time to clean, Oh Yuk cleans your bathtub and removes stains within 15 minutes, making it possible to complete the task in your daily routine without having to devote long periods of time to cleaning.
- Brand: Oh Yuk
- Weight: 16 ounces
- Item State: Liquid
- Product Dimensions: 2.1 x 3 x 8 inches;
- Fragrance: Yes
- Cleanings per bottle: 4
- You can use it on your shower curtains or any clothes around you, as it is completely bleach-free
- Suitable for use with acrylic whirlpools
- As a super effective disinfectant, it contains active Quaternary Ammonium cation
- Some individuals may find fragrances overwhelming
2. Better Life Natural Tub and Tile Cleaner
Wet & Forget Shower Cleaner ranks second on this list of the best acrylic tub cleaners because it is a Bleach, Ammonia, Dyes, and Irritating fumes-free, Bleach, Ammonia, and Irritating fume-free cleaning formula. Having just one clean will remove stains and leave your bathroom sparkling and smelling like heaven for the remainder of the day, removing the hassle of repeatedly scrubbing your bathtub.
This method does not require all the work to be completed in one session, simply spray the cleaner and rinse it off the next day. This will save you the time and effort of having to scrub stains and wipe down the tub! A single full spray is all it takes to achieve a clean and healthy bathtub!
- Product Dimensions: 16.8 x 9.6 x 11.3 inches
- Weight of the item: 4 pounds
- Suitable for hard water stains
- Safe for use with glass shower doors and fiberglass showers
- Free of ammonia
- Some people may find fragrance unpleasant
3. Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover
We are proud to present Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover, a multiple award-winning cleaner made in the United States with its non-toxic, abrasive-free formula. It is guaranteed to provide you with a clean, sparkling bathtub at an affordable price. The magic acrylic material bathtub cleaner will manifest its magic once you spray it on any surface.
There are a variety of surfaces that can be cleaned with Rejuvenate Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover, unlike other bathtub cleaners. This cleaner is guaranteed to remove stains from all types of surfaces in your bathroom, including glass, ceramic tile, fiberglass, natural stone, plastic, chrome, and porcelain, among others!
- Dimensions of the product: 2 x 4 x 11 inches
- Item weight: 0.73 pounds
- Ingredients: Soap Scum Remover
- No fragrance
- Made in the US
- There is no fragrance in this product
- Easy to use
- Versatile cleaner (can be used on other surfaces as well)
- Does not kill germs
4. Better Life Natural Tub and Tile Cleaner
The Better Life Natural Tub and Tile Cleaner is primarily made from organic plants, which not only enhances its overall performance but is also extremely safe for children and pets. With its all-in-one stain-fighting abilities, it is excellent for removing build-up and stains from your bathtub, which is made from acrylic material, which does not come out easily – just a few splashes, and water stains, body oils, black flakes, rust, and other stubborn bath scum will be rinsed away, giving your bathtub a glossy, clean appearance.
In addition to smelling incredibly refreshing, this bath cleaner does not contain any synthetic fragrances, which is extremely beneficial for those with allergies to artificial smells.
- Fragrance: Tea Tree & Eucalyptus
- Ingredients: Plant-derived ingredients
- Cleaner Form: Spray
- Size: 3.45 x 6.9 x 10 inches; weight: 4.46 pounds
- Two packs are included with one sprayer
- Contains no harsh chemicals, such as sodium lauryl sulfates or petroleum solvents
- Without fumes or irritating fragrances, this product removes soap scum, rust, and stains.
- It is possible for your dog or cat to become toxic from tea tree oil
5. Arm & Hammer Clean+Shower++No+Scent+Basin+Tub+and+Tile+Cleaner
This product is designed for fighting soap build-up and residue over acrylic surfaces, and therefore is extremely effective in cleaning stains from acrylic bathtubs. If you are looking for a simple and fast cleaner, this is your choice. It is a scrub-free cleaner, which means you simply spray it on the dirty area and return to see a sparkling clean acrylic material bathtub without even rinsing.
The spray bottle allows users to easily spray the cleaner which makes it ideal for elderly or physically disabled people who are unable to bend. It also provides a hassle-free cleaning experience as it does not require scrubbing.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 10 x 11.4 inches; weight: 2 pounds
- Weight: 2 pounds
- No fragrance
- Item Form: Spray
- Faster cleaning
- Scrubbing is not necessary
- It does not have an overpowering smell
- The price might be prohibitive for daily use if you are on a budget
How to clean an acrylic bathtub?
The acrylic bathtub cleaner you use for cleaning your acrylic bathtub will be suitable for use on acrylic (please read the product label before use). However, the tools you use to clean your acrylic bathtub are also important. We recommend using a soft towel or sponge that will not leave scratches on the acrylic surface when cleaning.
Apply the acrylic bathtub cleaner to dissolve any deposits or stains after cleaning the acrylic surface with a soft cloth, sponge, or towel and warm water. Once the liquid is soaked for about 10-20 minutes, rub over any remaining stains and wash the bathtub thoroughly with warm water. Do not use a cloth with a rough surface as it can cause scratches to the acrylic.
The following products are safe for use on an acrylic bathtub: VINEGAR, CLOROX WIPES, BAR KEEPERS FRIEND, SCRUBBING BUBBLES, EPSOM SALT, and MR CLEAN.
It is important to keep some things in mind when cleaning your acrylic bathtub. Not all substances are created equal, so it is important to know which to use and which to avoid.
You may use the following:
- The high acidity of vinegar makes it an excellent natural cleaner for removing mineral deposits and soap scum from acrylic bathtubs
- You can prevent scratches on your bathtub by using Clorox Wipes, which are non-abrasive
- It is generally safe to use Bar Keepers Friend, but always make sure that you wet the surface first and allow it to dissolve before using it.
- You should never leave Epsom Salt on the skin for an extended period of time without washing it off. Ensure there are no residues left on the surface before using Epsom Salt.
- Using the Magic Eraser by Mr.Clean is safe, but it is important to scrub gently, otherwise, the acrylic surface may become damaged
- The use of scrubbing bubbles is not recommended by most acrylic bathtub manufacturers since they are abrasive
The final words
Acrylic bathtubs can be cleaned using many different products. It is up to you to choose the cleaner that suits you best. If you are allergic to scents, choose a scentless one. A non-toxic cleaner would be a better option if you have pets or babies in your home. Therefore, all cleaners are not the same, and you should select one that meets your individual needs. As a final point, the material you use to scrub your acrylic bathtubs should be a soft one, since rough surfaces can scratch them.