What kind of security system should I install at my home or office? There are lots of options out there, ranging from simple keypads to biometric locks. Which one would you recommend?
The rise of the Internet has brought us new ways to secure our homes and offices. These days, you don’t even need keys anymore. Instead, you can use a variety of electronic devices to open doors and turn lights on and off.
There are several types of electronic locks, each offering its own advantages and disadvantages. Some offer better security, while some are easier to operate. If you want to choose the best option for your home or office, consider these factors before buying.
10 Best Commercial Smart Lock Reviews
1. Dermum Keyless Entry Door Lock
Dermum Keyless Entry Smart Locks are the perfect solution for your business or organization. They’re easy to install and operate, and they offer an array of security options including keypad access, remote control, and biometric authentication.
- Easy installation.
- Remotely open/close doors using mobile device.
- Biometrics: fingerprint reader, face recognition, iris scanning.
- Keypad access.
- Optional alarm system.
- Built-in battery backup.
- Low power consumption.
2. ULTRALOQ Keyless Entry Door Lock
ULTRALOQ KeyLess Entry door locks are easy to install and operate. They have an intuitive touch screen interface and can be controlled remotely using your smartphone or tablet. The ULTRALOQ SmartLock has been tested and certified by UL Environment as meeting the requirements of UL Standard 943A.
- Easy installation.
- Intuitive touchscreen control.
- Remotely open/close doors up to 100 feet away.
- Simple programming via USB cable.
- No keys required.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Battery powered.
3. SAMSUNG SHP-DH537 Smart Digital Door Lock
Samsung’s new SHP-DH537 smart digital door lock offers an easy way to secure your business or office while providing access control for employees. The device can be controlled remotely via smartphone or tablet using Samsung KNOX™ mobile security software. It also features a built-in panic button that allows users to quickly alert emergency services in case of an intruder.
- Easy setup – no programming required.
- Remotely manage users, groups, and permissions.
- Simple user interface makes it simple to operate.
- Built-in motion sensors detect unauthorized entry.
- Advanced keypad allows for PIN entry.
- Can be used as a traditional deadbolt.
- Includes two keys.
4. Gimkok Smart Door Lock with Keypad
Gimkok Smart Door Lock with keypad is the most secure door lock available today. The advanced security system includes an electronic keypad, motion sensor, and biometric fingerprint recognition. With no keys or batteries required, it can be installed quickly and easily without drilling holes into your walls.
- Biometric Fingerprint Recognition – Unlock doors using fingerprints instead of traditional keys.
- Motion Sensor – Detects movement within 10 feet
- Electronic Keypad – Allows users to enter codes remotely.
- Battery Free – No batteries are required.
- Easy Installation – Can be mounted directly onto existing deadbolt hardware.
- Quickly Installed – No drilling required.
- Security System – Protects against forced entry.
- Waterproof – IPX7 rated to withstand rain and splashes.
- Lifetime Warranty – Guaranteed for life.
- Works with iPhone/Android devices, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
5. Colosus NDL302 Keyless Electronic Digital Smart Door Lock
Colosus NDL302 keyless electronic digital smart door lock is an ideal solution for small or medium sized businesses who want to secure their premises without having to worry about keys. The NDL302 has been designed to be easy to install and operate, and can be integrated into existing systems such as alarm panels, access control devices, and CCTV cameras.
- Easy installation.
- Simple operation.
- No more lost keys.
- Can be used with any standard deadbolt.
- Ideal for small and medium sized business.
- Up to 10 users.
6. ULTRALOQ U-Bolt 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Door Lock
ULTRALOQ UBOLT 5-IN-1 KEYLESS ENTRY DOOR LOCK – The ultimate solution for your business needs! This innovative door lock can be used as a keypad entry system or as an electronic deadbolt. With its sleek design and easy installation, it will add value to any building.
- Can be installed as a keypad entry device or as a deadbolt
- Easy to install
- Smartphone compatible
- No drilling required
- Quickly unlocks/locks doors using Bluetooth technology
- Built-in battery life indicator
- Battery replacement included
7. Alarm Lock DL270026D Trilogy By T2 Stand Alone digital lock
Alarm Lock DL2700 series locks are the most secure and reliable entry solutions available today. The DL2700 Series offers an industry leading combination of security and convenience. With its sleek design and easy installation, it will be your new favorite way to protect your business.
- Easy Installation
- Convenient Keyless Entry
- Built-in Panic Button
- Anti-Tamper Technology
- Remote Access Control
- High Security Level
- Wireless Networking
- Multi Language User Interface
- IP67 Waterproof
8. Yale AUCN8847FL Mortise Lockset
Yale’s new AUCN8847L mortise lockset offers an easy way to upgrade your existing door hardware without having to replace it entirely. The AUCN8847 has been engineered to be compatible with Yale’s latest generation of electronic deadbolt keys, which are available as part of the Yale Connect™ Keyless Access System. This system allows users to unlock their doors using an authorized key fob or smartphone app, eliminating the need for traditional keys altogether.
- Compatible with Yale Connect™ Keyless Entry System
- Keyless Operation
- Sleek Design
- Easy Installation
- Available in Chrome or Black Finish
- Supports up to 6 Users
- IP65 Rated (water resistant)
9. Samsung Digital Door Lock
Samsung SmartLocks are easy to install and operate using your smartphone or tablet. They can be used as an access control system for doors, gates and windows, and they’re compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
The digital door locks offer a variety of security options including keyless entry, PIN code, fingerprint recognition, and more. You can set up multiple users to unlock different areas of your property. With built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, you can remotely monitor and manage your SmartLock from anywhere.
- Easy installation and setup.
- Can be operated via mobile device.
- Supports multiple user accounts.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows remote monitoring and management.
- Keypad and touchscreen controls available.
- Multiple security options include keyless entry, pin codes, fingerprints, and more.
- Up to 10 years battery life.
- IP67 water resistance rating.
- Available in black or white.
10. FILFEEL Smart Fingerprint Door Lock
FILFEEL Smart Fingerprint door locks are easy to install and operate. They can be used as an access control system or to secure your office or warehouse. The smart fingerprint sensor allows you to unlock your doors quickly and easily using just your finger. It also supports multiple users so that everyone who needs access can do so at once.
- Smart Fingerprint Sensor
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Keyless Operation
- User Management
- IP66 rated (dust proof)
- 5 Years Warranty
What to Look For Before Buying Commercial Smart Lock
Make sure the smart lock is compatible with your current locking mechanism. If you have a standard deadbolt, make sure the smart lock is designed to work with that type of lock. Also check if the smart lock is compatible to your specific model of deadbolt.
2. Wireless Communication
Check if the smart lock comes with wireless communication capabilities. Most modern smart locks support Bluetooth technology , but some models may require wired connection.
3. Security Options
Check if the smart lock provides additional security features such as biometric authentication, password protection, etc.
4. User Management
Some smart locks allow you to create multiple user profiles. Each profile will have its own unique access rights and can be assigned to different people.
5. Battery Life
Most smart locks come with a long battery life. Make sure it has enough power to last through all the times you need it.
6. Waterproof Rating
Most smart locks are IP67 rated which means they’re dust and waterproof. However, some models may not meet this requirement. Check the product specifications before buying.
You should always consider the price when purchasing any electronic products. A cheap smart lock might save you money now, but it could cost you much more in the future.
8. Installation Time
If you plan on installing the smart lock yourself, make sure it takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Otherwise, you might end up spending hours trying to fix it after it fails.
You should always purchase a smart lock that comes with a warranty . This way, you know you’ll get help if something goes wrong.
The brand name matters. Brands like Kwikset, Schlage, and Yale are known for their quality products.
A good design makes a difference. Some smart locks look sleek while others look bulky. Choose one that looks good in your home.
12. Ease of Use
Easier-to-use smart locks are better because they reduce the risk of human error. You don’t want to spend time troubleshooting issues every time someone tries to open the door.
Durability is another important factor to consider when choosing a smart lock. A durable smart lock will last longer and won’t break down over time.
14. Multiple Users
Some smart locks allow multiple users to log into the system at once. This feature allows you to assign different access rights to each person.
15. Remote Control
Remote control is an essential feature for most homeowners. It lets you unlock or lock doors from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet.
16. Keyless Entry
Keyless entry is also very useful especially if you live in a condo building where you share common keys.
17. Wi-Fi Enabled
Wi-Fi enabled smart locks let you connect them directly to your router so you can use them without having to install any third party software.
Smart locks are becoming increasingly popular these days. They offer many benefits including convenience, safety, and ease of use. To find the best smart lock for your needs, follow our guide above.