What book would you recommend to someone who wants to get into the field of computer engineering?
Computer engineers design and build computers, software, networks, and other electronic devices. They also develop new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
Computer engineers study mathematics, science, and engineering to create better ways to store, manage, and analyze information. The job outlook for computer engineers is expected to increase over the next decade. Many colleges now offer bachelor’s degrees in computer engineering.
Computer engineers work on projects that range from designing video games and web pages to developing self-driving cars. In addition, they may help businesses improve their operations by using data analytics. Computer engineers typically need a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or another related area.
In this guide, we will take an overview look at some of the best computer engineering books available today. We hope these titles inspire you to learn more about the exciting world of computer engineering.
10 Best Computer Reengineering Book Reviews
1. The Beginner’s Guide to Engineering by James Lance
This book will teach you how to build your own computer using only parts available in any electronics store. You will learn about the different components used in computers and their functions, as well as how they are connected together. This book covers basic concepts such as logic gates, transistors, resistors, capacitors, diodes, integrated circuits, and more!
- Learn how to build your own personal computer
- Understand the basics of electronics
- Build your first computer circuit
- Use simple electronic components like LEDs, resistors, capacitors, etc.
- Get started building your very own computer
- Learn how to wire up your new computer
- Become an expert in electrical engineering
- Learn how to design your own circuits
2. IP Subnetting for Beginners by Ramon Nastase
This book will teach you how to subnet your network using the most common methods. You’ll learn about the basics of subnets, including what they are, why you would want them, and how they work. This book will show you how to set up subnets, as well as how to assign addresses within those subnets. Finally, it will explain how to configure routers and switches to make sure everything works properly.
- How to subnet your network
- Why you should use subnets
- Subnetting basics
- Configuring routers and switches
- Assigning IP addresses
- Setting up DHCP servers
3. CMake Best Practices by Dominik Berner
CMake Best Practices is an easy-to-follow guide to using CMake as a build system for your projects. The book explains how to set up a project, how to write makefiles, and how to run tests. It includes practical examples and tips for working with external libraries.
- Learn about CMake, including its history, design goals, and implementation details.
- Understand how to create custom targets, such as installers, shared libraries, and executables.
- Use CMake to manage dependencies between different parts of your codebase.
- Create portable Makefiles for cross-platform development.
- Write efficient CMake scripts for building software.
- Discover ways to automate repetitive tasks when writing CMake files.
- Find out how to integrate third-party tools into your workflow.
- Get advice on how to work effectively with open source developers.
4. The History of the Computer by Rachel Ignotofsky
This book will teach you how computers work, what they are made of, how they were invented, and why we love them today. You’ll learn about the history of computing, including the first computers, the invention of the transistor, and the birth of personal computing.
This book covers everything you need to know about the evolution of the modern computer, including its hardware, software, applications, and more.
- Learn about the history of the computer, including the first computers and the invention of the transistor
- Understand how computers work, what makes them tick, and how they’re built
- Discover how computers have evolved over time, from mainframes to laptops
- Get an introduction
5. Graph Theory with Applications to Engineering and Computer Science by Narsingh Deo
This book presents an introduction to graph theory and its applications to engineering and computer science. The first part of the book covers basic concepts such as graphs, their properties, and some important results. In the second part, we discuss various problems related to graphs including vertex coverings, independent sets, dominating sets, coloring, etc. We then present algorithms for these problems using greedy approaches. Finally, we conclude with open questions and future directions.
This book provides an introduction to graph theory, which has been used extensively in many areas of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, social sciences, economics, and computer science. It gives a systematic treatment of the subject and includes proofs of most of the statements made. The book contains numerous examples and exercises to illustrate the main ideas.
6. Sparse Representations and Compressive Sensing for Imaging and Vision by Vishal M. Patel
This book presents an overview of sparse representations and compressive sensing theory. The main focus is on applications of these techniques to imaging and vision problems. This book provides a comprehensive introduction to both theoretical aspects as well as practical implementations.
A number of examples are provided to illustrate how sparse representation can be used to solve various image processing tasks such as denoising, super resolution, compression, classification, object recognition, etc.
- Comprehensive coverage of sparse representations and compressive sensing theory
- Practical implementation of sparse representation based algorithms
- Application to real world problems
- Extensive discussion of related topics
7. A hands-on primer for the new electronics enthusiast by Charles Platt
A Hands On Primer For The New Electronics Enthusiast is an easy-to-read book that will teach you how to build your own computers. You’ll learn about basic components such as motherboards, hard drives, RAM, CPUs, power supplies, fans, cables, connectors, and more! This book will show you how to assemble these parts into complete systems using both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Learn how to build your own PC
- Build a variety of different types of PCs
- Learn how to use Windows XP or Vista
- Learn how to install software
- Learn how to troubleshoot common hardware issues
- Learn how to repair damaged equipment
- Learn how to upgrade existing equipment
- Learn how to expand your system’s capabilities
- Learn how to add peripherals to your computer
- Learn how to connect devices
8. Machine Learning Engineering by Andriy Burkov
Machine learning engineering is an introduction to machine learning techniques used in artificial intelligence. This book covers basic concepts such as supervised and unsupervised learning, neural networks, reinforcement learning, genetic algorithms, evolutionary computation, Bayesian statistics, Markov decision processes, game theory, etc. The book provides readers with a solid foundation in machine learning and introduces them to modern approaches to AI research.
- A comprehensive overview of machine learning methods
- An introduction to deep learning
- Practical examples and exercises
- Case studies and real-world applications
- Hands-on experience using Python programming language
9. Data and Computer Communications by William Stallings
Data & Computer Communications by William Stallins is an excellent book that will teach you how to program your own software applications. This book covers everything from basic programming concepts to advanced topics like object oriented programming. The author has written many books about programming but this is his first book on data communications. You can find out more information about this book here.
- Learn how to write programs using Visual Basic.NET
- Understand the basics of networking
- Learn how to create web pages
- Learn how to build databases
- Create your own games
- Learn how to make your own music
- Learn how to design your own websites
- Learn how to work with spreadsheets
- Learn how to use word processing
- Learn how to manage files
- Learn how to do business calculations
10. LTE Optimization Engineering Handbook by Xincheng Zhang
This book provides an overview of the LTE network optimization engineering process. The main focus is on how to optimize the performance of the LTE system based on various aspects such as radio resource management, mobility management, packet scheduling, etc. This book will be useful for engineers who are involved in designing or optimizing the LTE networks.
- Provides an overview of the LTE optimization engineering process.
- Covers the major components of the LTE network including the physical layer, MAC layer, RRC layer, PDCP layer, and IP layer.
- Presents the key technologies used in the LTE network including OFDM/SC-OFDM, MIMO, MU-MIMO, TDD/FDD, Heterogeneous Networking, and Coordinated Multi-Point Transmission and reception.
- Includes practical examples and case studies.
- Offers a comprehensive coverage of the latest developments in the LTE network.
What to Look For Before Select a Computer Reengineering Book
There are several things that you should consider before selecting a particular book. These include the following:
1) Quality content – A good book should have quality content. It should not only cover the topic well but also provide sufficient details so that you can understand it easily.
2) Good reviews – If there are any reviews available online, then read those reviews carefully. They may give you some idea about what other people think about the book.
3) Author ’s credentials – Make sure that the author has enough knowledge about the subject matter. Also check whether he/she has published any other books related to the same topic.
4) Price – You need to check whether the price of the book is reasonable. There are many cheap books available online which might not be worth buying. However, if you want to buy a high-quality book, then you must pay a little extra money.
5) Availability – Make sure that the book is available online. You can get the book directly from the publisher’s website. Or else, you can try searching for it on Amazon.com.
6) Customer support – If you have questions regarding the book, then you can contact the customer service team at the publisher’s site. They will help you resolve all your queries.
7) Language – Choose a book that is written in English because most books are written in English. Also, it would be better if the book is written in simple language so that you can understand the material quickly.
8) Formatting – Some books come in PDF format while others come in HTML format. So, choose one according to your preference.
9) Size – Check out the size of the book. Most of the books are around 500 pages long. But, if you want to save space, then you can go with a smaller book.
Computer Reengineering Books are very important for everyone. They teach us new concepts and techniques. In this article, we discussed different types of computer reengineering books. We hope that you find our list helpful.