Native American DNA testing has become very popular over the last decade or so. The idea behind these tests is to determine whether someone has Native American heritage or not.
There are several companies offering such services, but they vary widely in terms of quality and price. Some offer free trials, whereas others charge hundreds of dollars per kit.
DNA testing kits are becoming more affordable and easier to use. If you want to get started with DNA testing, here are some things to consider before buying a kit.
What Is A DNA Test?
A DNA test can be used to find out if you have any Native American ancestors on your family tree. It can also help you learn about your own ethnic background.
DNA testing is based on the fact that all humans share a common ancestor. This means that everyone shares the same genes. The DNA testing process involves taking a sample from your cheek cells. These cells contain a person’s unique genetic code. The DNA test will compare this code against a database of known Native American genealogies.
If there is a match between your DNA and one of the profiles in the database, it shows that you have Native American heritage.
How Does DNA Testing Work?
DNA testing works by comparing your DNA profile against a database of known genealogy records. This allows you to discover where your ancestors came from. You may even be able to trace your roots back to specific tribes.
You can order a DNA test directly through an online service provider. Or you can purchase a kit at a local store.
Most DNA testing kits include a saliva swab and instructions on how to collect the sample. Some kits come with a prepaid envelope for mailing the sample. Others require you to mail the sample yourself. Some kits allow you to send the sample via regular mail. Others only accept samples sent using certified mail.
Once you receive the results, you can view them online. Most companies provide detailed information about each individual result.
In this article, we’ll review the best DNA testing kits available today. We’ll look at what makes each kit different, as well as which ones are most accurate.
10 Best DNA Test Kits for Native American Ancestry
1. AncestryDNA Test Kit for Genetic Ethnicity Test
Ancestry DNA tests are an easy way to learn more about your family history. The AncestryDNA kit includes everything you need to get started including a saliva sample tube, prepaid shipping label, instructions, and a free copy of your results.
- Learn more about your heritage through genetic testing
- Discover new relatives and ancestors
- Find out where your ancestors came from
- Get insights into your health risks
- Track your ancestral origins over time
2. DNA Test Kit with Personalized Genetic Reports By 23andMe
23andMe offers an easy way to learn about your genetic heritage through our award winning service. We provide free personalized reports based on your unique genome. Our reports can answer questions like “What are my chances of developing Alzheimer’s disease?” or “Is it possible I have Huntington’s Disease?”. You’ll be able to share these results with family members and friends.
- Discover your personal genetics
- Explore your ethnicity and ancestral origins
- Learn about your risk factors for diseases
- Share your results with others
3. DNA Direct Paternity Test Kit
DNA Direct offers an easy way to find out if your child has Native American heritage. The DNA Direct paternity test kit can be used to determine whether or not your child may have Native American heritage. This kit includes everything you need to get started including instructions, sample collection materials, and a prepaid return envelope.
- Determine if your child has Native-American heritage
- Learn more about your family tree
- Discover your ethnic origin
- Trace your ancestry back to specific tribes
- View your results online
4. DNA Kit with Personal Genetic By 23andMe
23andMe offers an easy way to learn about your health and heritage through genetic testing. The kit includes a saliva sample collection device, instructions, and a personalized report card. You can find out if you have any rare diseases or inherited conditions, as well as learn more about your ethnic background.
- Discover your ethnicity using our proprietary AncestryDNA® technology.
- Find out if you are predisposed to certain medical conditions.
- Learn about your family history.
- Get a free copy of your raw data file.
- Order online or pick up in store.
5. AncestryDNA DNA Ancestry Test Kit
AncestryDNA is an easy way to learn about your heritage. The AncestryDNA kit tests your direct ancestral line back through three generations or more, providing insight into your family history. You can discover where your ancestors came from, how they lived, and what their life experiences were like.
- Discover your genetic roots.
- Trace your family tree back 3 generations.
- Find out if you have Native American ancestry.
- Learn about your ethnic background.
- Get insights into your health and wellness.
- Explore your personal traits and preferences.
- Take advantage of free resources.
- Track your progress over time.
- Save your data securely online.
6. 23andMe Health + Ancestry Service Personal Genetic DNA Test
The 23andMe Health + Genealogy Service Personal Genetic DNA Test Kits include a saliva collection tube, a prepaid shipping label, and detailed instructions. You will receive a comprehensive report that provides information about your ancestry, health risks, and genealogical research.
- Discover your ancestry
- Learn about your health risks
- Research your family history
- Find out if you’re related
7. Genetrace DNA Paternity Test Kit
Genetrace DNA offers an easy way to confirm parentage. The Genetrace DNA Pregnancy Test Kit helps parents identify the father of their baby by analyzing his Y chromosome. It also allows them to check if the mother is carrying a male fetus or a female fetus.
- Confirm parentage
- Check gender of unborn child
- Identify the father of the baby
- Learn more about your ancestry
- View your results online
- Order online or pick it up in store.
8. Nebula Genomics Deep Genetic Test Kit
Nebula Genomics offers an easy way to trace your family history. The Nebula Genomic DNA Test Kit contains all the necessary tools to help you explore your ancestry. With this kit, you can learn about your ethnic origins, find out if you have Native Americans in your lineage, and even uncover your family’s migration patterns.
- Learn about your ethnic origin
- Discover if you have Native American heritage
- Uncover your family’s migratory pattern
- Learn about your health concerns
- Order online or pick one up in store.
9. HomePaternity DNA Test Kit
HomePaternity DNA Test Kit is designed to provide accurate paternity testing at home. This kit uses a simple cheek swab method to analyze your DNA and determine who your biological father is.
- Cheek Swab Collection Device
- Easy-to-follow Instructions
- Results within 7 days
- Order online or pickup in store.
10. MyHeritage DNA Test Kit
MyHeritage DNA Test Kit includes everything you need to get started testing your DNA for Native American heritage. The kit contains two vials of saliva, an instruction booklet, and a prepaid shipping label. You can order the kit directly through our website or via phone.
- Learn about your ethnic origins
- Discover if you have any Native American ancestry
- Learn about your family history
- Order online or pickup at a local retailer.
What to Look For Before Buying DNA Test Kits for Native American Ancestry
There are many factors to consider when choosing a DNA test kit for Native American ancestry. Here are some things to look for before buying a kit:
It’s important to know whether or not the kit you purchase actually tests for Native American ancestry. Some companies claim to offer Native American ancestry tests but don’t actually do so. Others may use outdated methods and technology. If you want to be sure you’re getting what you pay for, read reviews from other customers and ask questions before purchasing.
The price of a DNA test kit should reflect its accuracy and utility. A good DNA test kit should cost around $50-$100. However, there are cheaper options available as well.
3. Shipping Options
Most DNA test kits come with free shipping . However, some kits require that you pay extra for expedited shipping. If you plan on using the kit yourself, you’ll probably want to opt for standard shipping.
4. Customer Service
If you run into problems while using the kit, customer service will likely be very helpful. Make sure to contact customer support before contacting the company itself.
Some kits only give you partial results. They might show you if you have Native American ancestry, but they won’t tell you which tribes you belong to. Other kits include more information about your ethnicity.
DNA test kits for Native American ancestry are useful tools for learning more about your roots. It’s important to choose a reliable kit that provides accurate results.