It is always a good idea to include floating shelves in your home interior design, however, this can be more challenging when choosing the right bracket to support your shelf. The brackets are the components that support the shelf’s weight and whatever is placed on it.
There are many types of shelf brackets available on the market, each with its own distinct design. The quality of the material also affects how much weight your shelf can support.
It is fortunate for you that we have taken the time to review eight of the best floating shelf brackets available. Let’s take a closer look at them.
The Best Floating Shelf Bracket Reviews:
The following are the top 8 floating shelf brackets we have researched. Let’s take a look at them.
1. YUMORE Folding Shelf Brackets 12 Inch
If you are looking for a shelf bracket that can be folded up when not in use, this 12-inch folding shelf bracket from YUMORE is a great choice.
The fold up mechanism allows you to save space when you do not need your shelves. In addition, Yumore has considered the rattling noise that is common with foldable brackets. In order to reduce any rattling and to maintain a smooth transition when folding, the joints of this 12-inch model are reinforced with washers of the appropriate size.
The bracket is made from stainless steel, which allows it to handle weights up to 150 kilograms with ease. It will not only carry heavy loads, but it will also look great doing it.
As the stainless steel is brushed, it is protected by a protective layer which makes it resistant to scratches and corrosion.
In addition, the bracket can be easily installed. This is a major advantage for novices. All mounting accessories, such as screws and anchors, are included in the package. All you have to do is whip out your toolbox, drill some holes in the wall and you’re ready to go.
- Foldable design neatly tucks shelves away to save space
- Easy installation with all accessories included within the packaging
- Has a max load capacity of 150 kilograms
- Stainless steel construction is resistant to rusting and minor scratches
- There is a slight slant when the shelf is attached
2. Premium Heavy-Duty Shelf Brackets
The next bracket is definitely worth checking out if you intend to add shelves to your home as decorative pieces. Due to its concealability, the 4 bracket set from Claimed Corner is ideal for the installation of most indoor shelves. The brackets have a basic L shape and are attached with four screws each.
Among the subtle features that make this shelf bracket great are its 1/4 inch or 6-millimeter thick stainless steel construction, which ensures long-term durability. As a result, all your decorative items will not be dropped if your shelf slants.
As an additional enhancement, Claimed Corner brackets now have a rustic finish. As opposed to their competitors, the rustic design does more than enhance aesthetics. Most brackets feature a smooth glossy or matte finish that is susceptible to scratches and color fading. As a result, your brackets will remain in good condition for a long time with a rustic finish.
- Slim profile of the bracket makes it easier to conceal
- Rustic finish reduces the possibility of color flaking off from scratches
- Includes 4 brackets which can accommodate 2 shelves
- Screws and drywall anchors are all included
- Can hold up to 250 pounds per pair
- Placing heavy objects might cause the shelf to slant over time
3. North American Country Home 4 Pack Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket
Choosing the right location for your floating shelf often requires some thought. If you are looking for a classic look, then check out this 4 pack decorative shelf bracket from Northern American Country Home.
The bracket features a basic L shape that has a curved design on the bottom to create a triangle shape. It is available in five different colors and three sizes.
The weighted cast iron construction of this bracket differs from that of the other brackets we have discussed so far. In addition to this, the cast iron brackets are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use as they are rust and corrosion-resistant. As a result, these brackets are suitable for adding floating shelves both indoors and outdoors.
Aside from this, the brackets have a very old-fashioned appearance which is best complemented by wooden shelves. The textured finish gives off a hand-hammered look which gives it an elegant and heavy-duty appearance. To ensure that the bracket and shelf combo is the focus of attention, the screw holes have been placed in discrete positions.
- Hand-hammered look enhances aesthetics for wooden shelves
- Weighted Cast Iron build is durable and tough
- Rust and corrosion-resistant coating ensures long service time
- Comes with multiple colors and sizing options
- Can be used both outdoors and indoors
- Screws and anchors are not included with the packaging
4. North American Country Home Thick Cast Iron Victorian Decorative Shelf Bracket
This Victorian shelf bracket is a great alternative if you do not like the hand-hammered design of our previous pick from North American Country Home.
The L-shaped decorative bracket comes with an intricate design between the joints that will elevate the looks of any shelf. Three color options are available, including Antique gold, black, and white, along with three different sizes. The versatility of this product makes it a perfect choice for households with classic décor.
Similarly to the last model, this model is also constructed from weighted cast iron, which makes it very durable and strong. The decorative patterns have been carefully crafted to ensure that all brackets are identical. Because the bracket is made of iron, it can withstand heavy weights without creating a slant on the shelf.
In addition, each bracket of the shelf has four pre-drilled holes that need to be drilled to align with your wall. It is very commendable that the screw holes have been well placed near the joints in order to maintain a discrete appearance, which preserves the 80s vibe of the shelf and bracket combination.
- Detailed design between joints creates a classic vibe
- Weighted cast iron construction ensures durability and longevity
- Brackets come with pre-drilled holes, which saves time and effort
- Comes in multiple sizing and color options
- Packaging doesn’t include necessary screws and anchors for installation
5. Original Granite Bracket Hidden Island Support Floating Shelf Bracket
The versatility of floating brackets is well known to anyone with experience working with hardware. They are capable of housing shelves, countertops, or even foldable tables on walls.
There are two main issues when looking for floating shelf brackets for countertops: their weight capacity and their ability to conceal. Most countertops are made of marble or heavy wood, which places a great deal of stress on the bracket. This hidden island support is constructed from the highest quality steel with a black finish.
This bracket is capable of supporting virtually any type of countertop, whether it is a heavy granite countertop or a simple wooden countertop.
Moreover, we were pleased with the design of the bracket since it does not feature the usual L shape. Instead, it resembles a shelf on its own with two pre-drilled holes on one end and a 45 degree cut on the other.
A subtle angled cut on the other side of the bracket conceals the bracket quite well. A bracket can be screwed in on one side, leaving the other end protruding over the edge of the table, according to the dimensions of your table. All that remains is to place the heavy table top and you are ready to go.
- Comes in a wide range of sizing options to aid flexibility
- Premium-grade steel construction ensures heavy weight capacity
- 45 degree angled cut, and modified design keeps it well hidden
- Upper layer coating ensures resistance to rusting and corrosion
- Pre-drilled screw holes are not always consistent in diameter
6. LEOPO Shelf Brackets for 8 Inch Shelves
Next on our list is the LEOPO 6.25-inch floating shelf bracket set in six packs. If you want to get the most bang for your buck, this is the perfect option. In addition to providing excellent quality at a very affordable price, the 6-piece bracket set makes a great choice for bulk purchases.
Upon first glance, it appears that this floating shelf bracket follows an unusual design pattern. It resembles a J shaped bracket versus an L shaped bracket. The only difference is the extra bit of rise on the protruding end. Having four predrilled holes on each bracket ensures that your shelf will not fall off even when the bracket is slanted.
If you are looking for one of the strongest floating shelf brackets, then this set is a great choice. The brackets in the set are constructed from waxed raw steel, giving them extra toughness and strength.
Additionally, LEOPO has applied an additional layer of power frosted black coating to the brackets. In addition to protecting the wax raw steel construction from rusting and corrosion, the power frosted black layer is also extremely durable and unlikely to flake off easily.
- Unique J-shape design offers enhanced support to the shelf
- Power frosted black coating ensures rust resistance
- Waxed raw steel construction is able to carry heavy weights
- Includes installation manual for beginners
- Cannot accommodate shelves over 7.25 inches in length
7. Rustic Red Door Co. Steel Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets
Next, we would like to recommend this 2 pack shelf bracket from Rustic Red Door Co., which in our opinion is the best solution for shelves in a workshop.
The brackets have been constructed using high-quality steel, which has been hand welded with precision. Without focusing much on the design, they have made a heavy-duty bracket with all their best efforts. This allows the brackets to evenly distribute the shelf’s weight to the joints. This ensures that heavy loads can be carried for extended periods of time by the brackets.
In addition, the hand-welded steel brackets are further strengthened by a clear matte powder coat, creating a rustic look that complements wooden shelves while also protecting the brackets from corrosion and rust. In addition, the steel is strong enough to resist scratches and chips.
It can be placed outdoors to sit your potted plants or indoors for your equipment, as Rustic Red Door Co. has put in enough effort to make this an all-purpose shelf.
- Hand-welded joints for enhanced strength and weight distribution
- Powder coating adds a rustic look for aesthetics
- Rust, corrosion, and chip-resistant coating
- Suitable for both outdoor and indoor use
- We couldn’t find any cons for this product
8. EVALD The Heavy Duty Floating Shelf Hardware
As our final pick for today, we are pleased to recommend the EVALD heavy-duty floating shelf bracket. A unique design distinguishes this bracket from most of our others. It consists of a cylindrical rod with a diameter of 1/2 inch that is slotted into the shelf. Using the bracket, all you need to do is drill an 8-inch long hole in your shelf.
Additionally, the bracket has been designed with four anchor points to ensure maximum stability. These anchor points have been arranged diagonally to ensure maximum stability. Each bracket is rated to hold 125 pounds, which should be sufficient for most applications.
The packaging also includes 16 high-quality screws and anchor points, which keep the bracket flush against the wall. In addition to the powder coating of the screws and brackets, the brackets are enhanced in durability and maintain a fresh appearance over long periods of time.
- 4 diagonal anchor points ensure stable fit with the wall
- High-quality carbon steel is durable and tough
- All necessary screws and anchor points are included in the packaging
- Holds a maximum of 125 pounds per bracket
- A fully hidden design enhances the aesthetics of your shelf
- Brackets cannot hold heavy loads when not used in pairs
Floating Shelf Bracket Buying Guide
Check out a few of these factors to help you choose the brackets for your desired shelf before you go out and purchase them.
It is important to pay particular attention to the material of the floating shelf bracket. Not only is it a factor in determining the load capacity of your shelf, but it is also an aesthetic consideration.
There are three most commonly used materials for household floating brackets: stainless steel, wood, and aluminum. While wood is primarily used for shelves which carry a lightweight, it tends to add more value in terms of the overall appearance. In addition, they allow you to add your own designs by engraving or painting over them.
Nonetheless, if your floating shelf is solely intended to support heavy weights, you should use aluminum or stainless steel shelf brackets. These brackets are robust and tend to last much longer than wood ones.
Next, you need to determine the total weight of the objects that will be placed on the floating shelves. Floating shelves can help you keep your belongings accessible in any household or workshop.
This being said, if you are planning to place books or flower pots for aesthetic purposes, then a shelf bracket with a maximum load capacity of 40 kg should be fine. Some of the best hidden shelf brackets can support loads of up to 100 kg.
Floating brackets that are intended for use in workshops should be able to accommodate heavier loads since there will be a lot of heavy-duty equipment in the workshop.
There are a number of heavy-duty concealed floating shelf brackets which have a maximum weight capacity of 300 kilograms! This makes them perfect for a workshop setting, as they facilitate easy access to items like tools.
If you are looking for a shelf bracket for your workshop or home, the design needs to complement the surrounding environment. The most common design is the upside-down L shape. These brackets can be easily concealed and make your shelf stand out.
Alternatively, there are several decorative shelf brackets available with decorative patterns that can instantly enhance the look of your room.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which shelf bracket material should I use for my workshop?
It would be best to use a bracket made of high-carbon steel or aluminum, as they are able to withstand heavy loads.
2. Can I use nails instead of screws to hold my shelf against the wall?
Using nails would put the shelf and all of the items on it at risk. Screws and anchors are more likely to keep the bracket stable for longer.
3. Do the brackets come with pre-drilled holes?
A majority of brackets come with pre-drilled holes in order to save time and effort. However, if your bracket does not have these holes, you can easily create them using a drill machine.
Choosing the right floating shelf brackets can be quite a daunting task, particularly if you do not know what material you prefer. You should begin by prioritizing your desired weight capacity.
All of the products listed above are of the highest quality and are guaranteed to last for a long time.