Fly fishing has become very popular over recent years. There are now thousands of anglers who enjoy the sport every year. This means that there are also plenty of fly fishing equipment options out there. If you want to get started in the sport, then you’ll probably want to invest in some good quality gear.
A good fly fishing starter kit should include the basics such as rods, reels, flies, line weights, and leaders. These items are essential to ensure you start off well equipped. They will also allow you to practice casting before moving onto other types of equipment.
10 Best Fly Fishing Starter Set Reviews:
1. Wild Water Standard Fly Fishing Combo Starter Kit
Wild Water Fly Fishing Combo Starter Set includes everything needed to get started right out of the box! The kit comes complete with an 8′ 6×6″ nylon leader, 1/4 oz. tippet, 2 x 3 ft. braided line, 4 x 5 ft. fluorocarbon leader, and a spool of 20 lb. test monofilament line. This combo pack will be sure to provide hours of fun and excitement for your family or friends.
- Easy to tie knots.
- Durable construction.
- Comes with everything you need to start right away.
- Includes a 10 foot leader, two tippets, four lines, and a spool.
- A must have for any angler.
2. TOPFORT Fly Fishing Rod and Reel Combo Starter Kit
This TOPFORT Fly Fishing rod and reel combo kit includes everything you need to get started right out of the box. The rod has an 8’6″ graphite blank, and it comes complete with a reel seat, line guide, and snap swivel. This is perfect for beginners who want to try their hand at fly fishing. It’s easy to use and can be used by anyone from kids to adults.
- 8’6″ Graphite rod
- Complete with reel seat, line guide and snap swivel
- Perfect for beginners who want to start fly fishing
3. Ventures Fly Co. 23 Fly Fishing Accessories Complete Gear Combo
Ventures Fly Company has created an amazing collection of fly fishing accessories to make your next trip more enjoyable. This complete gear combo includes everything you will need to get started right out of the box. You will receive a 7’5″ graphite rod, a reel seat, a line guide, a snap swivel, a floatant bottle, a bobber, a sinker, a hook keeper, and a fish finder. This is a great way to get started in fly fishing.
- 23 pieces of fly fishing gear
- Everything you need to get started
- Great value for money
- The best way to learn how to cast and fish
- All the essentials included
- Great gift idea for someone who loves fly fishing
4. Martin Complete Fly Fishing Kit
This complete fly fishing kit includes everything you need to get started right out of the box! The kit comes with a 5′ leader, 4x tippet, 3x swivels, 2x split rings, 1x snap swivel, and an instructional DVD. This package will be your best friend when learning how to cast and fish. It’s easy to assemble and disassemble so you can take it along wherever you go.
- Easy to learn casting technique.
- Comes with a 5′ leader.
- Instructional DVD included.
5. M MAXIMUMCATCH Maxcatch Extreme Fly Fishing Combo Kit
MMAXIMUMCATCH® MAXCATCH EXTREME FLY FISHING COMBO KIT includes everything needed to get started right out of the box! The kit comes complete with an ultra-lightweight, compact reel, a super-strong leader, a powerful rod, and a quality fly line. This combo kit will allow you to catch fish right away.
- Ultra-Lightweight Compact Reel
- Super Strong Leader
- Powerful Rod
- Quality Fly Line
- Easy To Use
- Great For Beginners
6. Wakeman Fly Fishing Pole Collection
This collection includes everything needed to get started right out of the box. The pole has an easy grip handle and a telescoping design that allows it to be compact when not in use. A built-in reel seat keeps your line organized while providing a convenient place to store your flies. This kit comes complete with a rod holder, two reels, a spool of leader, and a storage bag.
- Easy grip handle and telescopic design allow for compact storage.
- Built-in reel seat provides a convenient place to organize your line.
- Rod holder holds up to three rods.
- Two reels hold up to 20 yards of line each.
- Spool of leader holds up to 100 yards of line.
- Storage bag included.
7. Dr.Fish Fly Fishing Rod Reel Combos
Dr. Fish has created an amazing line of reels that are perfect for beginners or those who want to upgrade their equipment. The new Dr. Fish Fly Fishing Starter Set includes everything needed to get started right out of the box! This kit comes complete with a 6’6″ rod, reel seat, line spool, leader, swivel snap hook, floatant, and a fly tying guidebook.
- Includes a 6’6″ fly rod, reel seat, and line spool.
- A must have for any beginner.
- Completely assembled and ready to go.
- Comes with a free fly tying guide book.
8. FAISOX Fly Fishing Flies Assortment Kit
This kit contains everything you need to get started with fly fishing. The kit includes two flies, six hooks, an instructional DVD, and a carrying case. This package will make your first time out on the water more enjoyable than any other experience.
- Includes 2 flies, 6 hooks, instructional DVD, and carry bag.
- Easy to tie knots.
- Designed to be easy to cast.
- Perfect for beginners or experienced anglers.
- Can be used as bait or lure.
- Reels included.
- Made in USA.
9. Wild Water Deluxe Fly Fishing Combo Starter Kit
Wild Water Deluxe Fly Fishing Combo includes everything you’ll need to get started right out of the box! This complete kit comes with an 8′ leader, 2x #10 hooks, 1x #8 hook, and 1x #6 hook. The package also includes a 6″ x 9″ pattern book, a 3/4 oz. sink tip line swivel, a 4oz. sinker, and a 5ft. braided nylon leader.
- Complete starter combo pack.
- Includes everything you need to start your first day on the water.
- Easy to tie knots.
- Sink tips are easy to attach and remove.
- Comes with a pattern book.
- Can be used as a floatant or weightless lure.
- Made of durable materials.
10. BASSDASH Fly Fishing Flies Kit
BASSDASH Fly Fishing Flights are made from 100% natural silk and have been hand tied by master fly tier John Boggs. The kit includes 10 different size flies including a #10 Olive Dun, #12 Black Midge, #14 Red Ant, #16 Blue Winged Olive, #18 Green Drake, #20 Orange/Black Stonefly, #22 Yellow Sedge, #24 Brown Hare’s Ear, #26 Gray Wulff, and #28 Black Rat Tail. Each fly comes complete with instructions and a small piece of chenille to tie it onto your leader. This is an excellent way to get started in fly fishing!
- Hand tied using 100% Natural Silk
- Comes complete with instructions and a piece of chenille
- Small enough to carry around in your pocket or purse
- Includes 10 different sized flies
What to Look For Before Buying a fly fishing starter set
Before purchasing a fly fishing starter set, here are some things to look for when shopping around.
The quality of the product should be one of the first things you consider when buying a fly fishing starter set. You don’t want to invest in something cheap that won’t last. It may seem like a good deal at the moment, but if you’re planning on spending hundreds of dollars over the next few years, then you shouldn’t buy anything less than high-quality.
When choosing between a large and small fly fishing starter set, you should always opt for the larger one. A smaller fly fishing starter set can easily fit into a backpack or even a glove compartment. However, a larger fly fishing starter set can take up a lot of space and could potentially become cumbersome.
Fly fishing starter sets come in a wide range of prices. Some are very inexpensive while others cost thousands of dollars. If you’re looking for a great value, then you might want to check out our best selling products below.
When selecting a fly fishing starter set you should pay close attention to the materials used. Many people choose to use bamboo because they think it looks more authentic. However, bamboo is actually quite fragile and doesn’t hold up well under heavy loads. Instead, try using a material such as aluminum or plastic. These materials are much stronger and will stand up better to rough conditions.
If you plan on taking your fly fishing starter set on long trips, then you should make sure that it isn’t too heavy. Most fly fishing starter sets weigh about 1 pound each. However, if you plan on carrying your fly fishing starter set everywhere, then you’ll probably want to go with a lighter option.
If you’re new to tying knots, then you should definitely learn how to tie them before starting your own fly fishing starter set. There are several different knots that you need to know how to tie. Once you’ve mastered these knots, then you can start experimenting with other styles.
Ties are another important aspect of fly fishing. When tying your own flies, you’ll want to make sure that you use the correct type of thread. Cotton thread is usually recommended for beginners. However, if you’re experienced, then you should experiment with silk, nylon, and polyester threads.
You should also make sure that you get detailed instructions with your fly fishing starter set. This way, you’ll have everything you need to get started right away.
Finally, you should make sure that the style of your fly fishing starter set matches your personality. If you enjoy tying your own flies, then you should look for a kit that has lots of easy-to-follow directions. On the other hand, if you prefer purchasing pre-made flies, then you should find a kit that includes a variety of patterns.
Finally, you should make sure to purchase a quality fly fishing starter set. The best fly fishing starter sets are made from durable materials and feature sturdy components. They should be lightweight and easy to carry around. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding a high quality fly fishing starter set at an affordable price.
There are many different factors that you need to consider when buying a fly fishing starter set. Hopefully, this guide will help you narrow down your options and select the perfect product for your needs.