Do you value our sparkling mountain streams and rivers? The abundance of wildlife in our public forests? Our rolling farmland, deeply rooted in our culture and vital to the local economy? All of these are at risk — without your help.
With the Western North Carolina Alliance, you can join forces with citizens from across the region and your community.
- Influence pubic policy to better address development pressures
- Safeguard the treasures of our public forests, including an array of wildlife, old growth stands, and rare ecosystems
- Expand our ability to rigorously monitor and protect water quality
- Preserve working farms and traditional mountain communities
- Halt the proliferation of exotic invasive plant species that threaten native ecosystems
In These Pages
Action from the Grassroots
- Check out our French Broad Riverkeeper’s interview about issues with the state’s proposed Duke coal ash settlement
- Help stop House Bill 94 from tearing down NC’s environment
- Citizens to EPA: Clean up our water!
- June 5: “WNC Mountain Treasures: The Future of our National Forests”
- June 15: Invasives workshop at Lemon Gap